- Skin base technology for improved in-track performance
- 50mm tip - 45mm waist - 48mm tail width - side-cut is a proven shape perfect for all day touring and some light off-trail skiing
- Cap construction for durability with an ultra Lite wood core that is light and lively for all-day skiing fun
- Rottefella NIS 2.0 binding mounting plates installed (Binding not included)
- Five lengths available for optimal performance - 166, 174, 182, 190, and198 cm- see sizing Chart in images
Details: The new Alpina FRONTIER SKIN touring skis uses a "Skin" style base providing improved in-track glide and excellent climbing performance. Small strips of synthetic directional "mohair" are inserted in the ski base under the skiers foot. The skin hairs are angled backward to grip with each stride with little drag while gliding. The newest in cross-country ski performance, Skin skis have even seen use in races. Pre-mounted with the NEW Rottefella NIS 2.0 binding plate which accept all Rottefella NIS bindings. This plate also allows the use of Rottefella's new MOVE binding movement system (sold separately) which allows the skier to easily adjust binding placement on the skis without getting out of the bindings. Rottefella Performance Classic bindings (sold separately) are recommended for these skis and require no tools for installation. With a proven ski profile the Alpina Frontier skis work well in groomed trails and are stable for beginner and intermediate skiers. Cap construction ensures durability and performance while the Ultra Lite Wood Core provides the flex, feel and responsiveness of a wood core ski. The HM graphite base provides optimal glide. These skis are fun and easy for anyone wanting to improve their performance and increase their fun factor while skiing trails. Available in five sizes by skier weight for optimal performance, 166, 174, 182, 190, and 198cm. Size chart in images.